Monday, May 10, 2010

Training Summary for week of May 3rd, 2010

I have decided to start summarizing my weekly training. The following is my training from last week, starting May 3rd:

  • Monday. 8.4 miles run at a brisk pace. My legs felt incredible and I felt like I was flying.
  • Tuesday. 6 easy miles and then eight 100 meter strides.
  • Wednesday. 10 miles run at a steady pace.
  • Thursday. 8.4 miles run at an easy pace, but not too slow.
  • Friday. Was planning on running an easy five, but due to the weather I decided to take the day off. Saw Iron Man 2 instead ;)
  • Saturday. 8.4 miles at an easy pace. My legs felt a bit stiff from not running the day before.
  • Sunday. 15 miles with about eight miles on the trails over at Deer Grove. I felt strong for most of the run, but my hips tightened up towards the end and I felt some pain afterward. This is still an improvement over previous runs along this route where I experienced significant pain in my hips, adductors (muscles on the inside thighs), and lower abdominals. My strength exercises must be working.

Total mileage: 56 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment